As an analyst at heart, I love to compare Corvette production numbers to see which colors and options stand out as the “rarest” new ride. Earlier this year The National Corvette Museum released the production numbers for the 2022 C8. Let’s dive into the numbers and see what conclusions come out at the end!
The overall production count for 2022 was 25,831 with 52% of those being coupes and the remaining 48% dedicated to convertibles. So you are talking about 13,432 coupes vs. 12,399 convertibles (these are estimates). By now I am sure there are fewer numbers due to the elements, theft, accidents, and/or just the crazy unpredictable situations these Corvettes sometimes find themselves in…. wink wink! These are still some good numbers considering the rise in production costs and the incredibly difficult microchip market.
2022 C8 Corvette Production Numbers by Colors
As the song goes “Little Red Corvette“…. the Torch Red color was on top of the list again as the most popular selection in 2022 followed by Arctic White. Here is a complete breakdown of the numbers by color choice:
- Torch Red – 4,147
- Arctic White – 3,603
- Hypersonic Gray – 3,291
- Red Mist – 3,274
- Midnight Black – 2,766
- Rapid Blue – 2,261
- Elkhart Lake Blue – 1,412
- Amplify Orange – 1,375
- Ceramic Matrix Gray – 1,202
- Accelerate Yellow – 1,193
- Silver Flare – 922
- Caffeine Metallic – 385
2022 C8 Corvette with Upgrade Options
All the bells and whistles are what can really make your C8 Corvette stand out from the others. As expected the Z51 Performance Package took the cake and was the most popular add-on for 2022 with a whopping 68%. With any Corvette you want them to sound mean and meaty with the NPP Performance Exhaust which was added to roughly 87% of the new vettes. The front lift was also a popular feature coming in at 59%. As for the exterior, the Carbon Flash stripe option was popular and added to 1,542 Corvettes. Overall 442 right-hand drive Corvettes were produced for our friends overseas and the land down under (Australia) received 212 of these beauties while another 693 went to Europe.
2021 C8 Corvette Production Numbers
In 2021 the overall 2021 Corvette production numbers were slightly higher by 385 with a total of 15,112 coupes and 11,104 convertibles. The interior package of choice was the 2LT for the coupes and the 3LT for the convertibles. Of the overall production count, an estimated 64% had the Z51 Stingray Performance Package.
- 1LT Package – 3,083 coupes and 848 convertibles
- 2LT Package – 7,110 coupes and 4,455 convertibles
- 3LT Package – 4,919 coupes and 5,801 convertibles
2021 C8 Corvette Production Numbers by Colors
Just like in 2022 we again have the top 2 colors going to Torch Red and Arctic White. A few twists in the colors between 2021 and 2022 were the Zeus Bronze, Sebring Orange, and Dark Shadow Gray just to name a few. These were only produced in 2021 and were modified going into 2022.
- Torch Red – 5,171
- Arctic White – 3,769
- Red Mist – 3,476
- Midnight Black – 2,818
- Rapid Blue – 2,384
- Silver Flare – 1,804
- Elkhart Lake Blue – 1,713
- Ceramic Matrix Gray – 1,367
- Sebring Orange – 1,255
- Dark Shadow Gray – 1,111
- Accelerate Yellow – 839
- Zeus Bronze – 509
In conclusion, it was a good move for Chevrolet to step up into the modern world of supercars. The Corvette is more popular than ever these days and we will only continue to see that grow with the younger generation.